photo credits: unsplash.com
Support victims of natural or man-made disasters, contribute to the safeguarding of human dignity and the protection of vulnerable people.
The projects we support are based on the following values:
- The dignity and equality of all human beings.
- Respect for the law, as defined by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, International Humanitarian Law, Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, etc.
Our general approach
The Foundation favors projects that :
- Place vulnerable people at the center of its activities and empowers them to become actors of change
- Strengthen the autonomy, capacities and know-how of the most vulnerable communities and people
- Focus on forgotten or neglected causes
- Support local actors
- Promote innovation and “out-of-the-box” approaches
- Favors holistic approaches
- Contribute to having a systemic effect, that is to say, likely to modify the causes of the problems and not only their consequences
- Help to make a lasting impact
Who we are
Created in Geneva in 1988, Pro Victimis is a private foundation under Swiss public law. It consists of a Board of Trustees which sets the lines of intervention and decides on the allocation of funds, as well as a Secretariat which studies and analyzes the projects with a view to submitting them to the Board for approval and monitors funded projects.
Board of Trustees
Ms Jasmine Caye
Prof Alexis Keller
Dr Veronique Lambert
Mr Denis Pittet
Ms Isabelle Barras
Dr Olivier Hagon
Ms Ariane Waldvogel
Project analyst :
Ms Laure Saporta
Program manager :
Mr Mark Cave
The technical committee is formed by the secretariat and a group of experts working in the different priority areas of the Foundation.